- Explaining the legal bases we rely on
- When do we collect your personal data?
- What sort of personal data do we collect?
- How and why do we use your personal data?
- How we protect your personal data
- How long will we keep your personal data?
- Who do we share your personal data with?
- What are your rights over your personal data?
- How can you stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing?
- Contacting the regulator
- Any questions?
This privacy notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data, and keep it safe. By visiting fairbankbarn.co.uk you are consenting to the practices described in this policy.
We hope the following sections will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch with us via email@example.com.
Explaining the legal bases we rely on
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent. For example when you sign up to our mailing list.
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. For example we may use your email address to send you direct marketing information, telling you about offers and events that we think might interest you
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you visit our website
- When you pay for a wedding, event or accommodation
- When you supply us with a product or service
- When you engage with us on social media
- When you contact us by any means with any questions or comments
- When you enter prize draws or competitions
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you
- When you comment on or review us
- When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you (for example a website where we advertise)
- When you sign up to our mailing list
What sort of personal data do we collect?
- You might provide us with your contact information, for example name, email address or telephone number, via a form on our website, contacting us directly or meeting with our team.
- Details of your interactions with us online, on the phone or on social media. Eg. We may collect notes from our conversations with you, details of your wedding requirements, any feedback you give, web pages you visit and how and when you contact us.
- Payment information when you book a wedding or event with us
- Your comments and venue reviews
- To deliver the best possible web experience, we may collect technical information about your internet connection and browser as well as the country and telephone code where your computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms you entered.
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback
How and why do we use your personal data?
Fairbank Wedding Barn uses your Personal Data to provide you with a tailored experience and to provide our services to you and your event. For example coordinating the preparations leading up to and including your event and the communications that these preparations require. Generally, the communication will be via email, phone or meetings in person. We also use Personal Data to inform you about any updates to our services or the venue and to respond to your requests.
We may use the information we hold about you to offer you promotions and products that are most likely to interest you in the future. The data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers and providing the highest levels of service.
Of course, if you wish to change how we use your data, you’ll find details in the ‘What are my rights?’ section below.
Here’s how we may use your personal data:
- To process any payments that you make over the phone or on site. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your payment and comply with our legal obligations. We may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees etc.
- To respond to your queries and feedback. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- To send you relevant, personalised communications by post in relation to updates, offers, services and products. We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interest. You are free to opt out of hearing from us by post at any time by contacting us.
- To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you when holding an event with us.
- To administer any of our prize draws or competitions that you enter, based on your consent given at the time of entering.
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement Government health departments.
- To send you survey and feedback requests to help improve our services. We have a legitimate interest to do so as this helps make our products or services more relevant to you. Of course, you are free to opt out of receiving these requests from us at any time by contacting us.
- To fulfil your wedding or event requirements, we may need to share your details with a third party who is providing a service (such as caterers). Without sharing your personal data, we’d be unable to fulfil your request.
How we protect your personal data
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
We secure access to all areas of our website using ‘https’ technology.
Access to your personal data is password-protected.
We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
How long will we keep your personal data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised.
Who do we share your personal data with?
If you choose to join our email newsletter, the email address that you submit to us will be forwarded to Mailchimp who provide us with email marketing services.
Your email address will remain within Mailchimp database for as long as we continue to use Mailchimps’ services for email marketing or until you specifically request removal from the list. You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links contained in any email newsletters that we send you or by requesting removal via email. When requesting removal via email, please send your email to us using the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list.
If you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before joining our email newsletter.
If you send a review to us, or post it on another platform or site, we may post it on to our site or use it in our advertising and social media materials. We will attribute your testimonial to you by posting your name next to your comment and any copyright material, if provided.
Disabling cookies on your internet browser will stop GA from tracking any part of your visit to pages within this website.
What are your rights over your personal data?
An overview of your different rights
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete. Eg. when you withdraw consent, or object and we have no legitimate overriding interest, or once the purpose for which we hold the data has come to an end.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing.
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that the Fairbank Wedding Barn holds at any time, and to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. Please use the contact details below should you wish to amend or update your preferences.
How can you stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing?
There are several ways you can stop direct marketing communications from us:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to Fairbank Wedding Barn, Fairbank Farm, Staveley, Kendal, LA8 9PS
Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
Contacting the regulator
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113.
Or go online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns (Please note we can’t be responsible for the content of external websites)
If you are based outside the UK, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence.
We hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful in setting out the way we handle your personal data and your rights to control it.
If you have any questions that haven’t been covered, please contact us:
- Email email@example.com
- Write to us: Fairbank Wedding Barn, Fairbank Farm, Staveley, Kendal, LA8 9PS